We really wanted a garden this year, but had never had one before, so we decided to start small and do a raised garden bed this year. We didn’t plant much, just two tomato plants, two cucumber plants and one cherry tomato plant. We had planned on planting a few more things, but the cucumber plants kind of took over most of our little garden. Never having had a garden before, I didn’t realize that I was supposed to use a trellis for the cucumbers. Lesson learned.
We did, however, end up with a lot of cucumbers as well as tomatoes. So, I decided to make a big batch of macaroni salad.
Usually when I make macaroni salad, I throw everything together and just eyeball how much of each ingredient I need, but I realized that it’s been a little too long since I’ve shared a recipe here on the ol’ blog. So, I decided to take the time to measure everything out so that I could share it with you! Hope you like it!!!
Garden Macaroni Salad Recipe
To make chopping easier, I suggest using a food chopper. I use this one and I LOVE it! I’ve had it for years and it still works as well as the day I bought it!
|Garden Macaroni Salad Recipe|| || |
- 1 1lb. box elbow macaroni
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (or can use pkg. cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped.
- 4 hard boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and cut into fourths
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- salt & pepper to taste
- paprika (optional)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain, and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl (add more mayo and/or ranch to taste, if desired).
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
If you try this recipe I would love for you to come back and leave a comment letting me know if you liked it!