I love chicken pot pie. It’s one of my all time favorite comfort foods. I would love to be able to say that I came up with this recipe myself, but I didn’t. It’s originally from a Home & Garden Party cookbook which I no longer have. If you don’t own a H&GP bean pot, don’t worry. You can use a two quart casserole and it should work just fine.
- 2 chicken breasts or small pack of boneless strips
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans Veg-all
- 2 unbaked pie shells
- Cook chicken until tender and cut into small pieces. Line the bean pot (or casserole) with one of the unbaked pie shells punching holes with a fork.
- Drain the liquid from one can of the vegetables, leaving liquid in the second can.
- Mix together the cream of chicken soup, vegetables and chicken pieces and add to pot.
- Cut the second pie shell into strips and place them on the top and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown.
You can serve this with a salad to make a complete meal. I just love easy to make recipes like this!