Hubby came up with the great idea of having a chili cook-off between the two of us. It was so much fun! I hadn’t made chili in years and when I did I would always use a recipe from a cookbook. For the cook-off, we both decided to wing it. Who won? We each liked them both, but we both liked our own recipe better (shocker!). I’d have to say it’s a tie and that we are both winners because we ended up with two BIG pots of chili that tasted so darn good we ate it all in less than a day!
Hopefully I will be able to get hubby to write down his recipe soon so I can share it with you. In the mean time, here’s the recipe for my Crock Pot Chili.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16oz. can chili beans
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 10oz. cans Rotel tomatoes (Chili Fixin's flavor works best and doesn't need draining, if you use another flavor be sure to drain.)
- ¼ cup hot chili peppers (I used jarred, Mezzetta brand)
- Brown beef, onion, garlic and green pepper in skillet. Drain.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on Low 5-6 hours.